A Little Time Away

Last week we took our first vacation for the summer. We loaded the boys in the car and headed to Arlington, Texas to meet up with my in-laws to watch the Texas Rangers play a couple games. Instead of checking into a hotel, we stayed in a cabin at Loyd Park on Joel Pool Lake. I am not one to go camping or swimming in water where I can't see the bottom. I prefer a cozy hotel room next to an ocean or an awesome pool, but Grant's parents are all about camping and cabins and being all up in the nature. 

I made the decision after last years camping trip (I say camping, but we stayed at the Lodge and drove down to their campsite everyday) to be more open, come out of my comfort zone in order to enjoy making awesome memories with my family. Plus, the boys love being outdoors, running wild in the woods and most of all being with Grant's parents. 

Now, the cabin was awesome! It was clean, had a kitchen, a shower with hot water, and an amazing view of the lake. Every morning the boys would wake up and run down to jump in! Not to mention is was about 12 miles to the Rangers Stadium, Chuy's, and P.F. Changs!  





I would love to say that Jackson was glued to the game and enjoyed every minute of it, but that was not the case. He had no interest in the game at all. He wanted cotton candy, nachos, hotdogs, and anything out of the gift shop! Also, the Rangers Stadium has a kid zone, and for $10 per child you can come and go as you please until the 6th inning. Yes, that is what Jackson, Luke, and myself did for two days!





All in all we had a blast! We really did enjoy the game, swimming in the lake, shopping at Whole foods (Alison and I are in big trouble when we get one here), and eating at Chuy's! We all stayed up way past our bedtime playing cards and a little Trivial Pursuit.










Next vacation...Lillian, Alabama!

Comments

  1. Love all your pictures! I'm with Jackson, give me some ballpark nachos:) and I love camping - provided I have ac, hot water, and no spiders. Ok, camping in a hotel room!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts